Friday 21 December 2012

D’Banj, Don Jazzy Take Rivalry To Clubs

dbanj don jazzy
Former Mo’Hits Records owners, D’Banj and Don Jazzy have taken their rivalry in another direction. The two music luminaries, after going their separate ways in March, floated individual labels: Don Jazzy announced Mavin Records, while D’Banj set up DB Records.

The two labels are already defining the new trends on the Nigerian entertainment scene.

On 14 December, the streets erupted with the news of Don Jazzy’s announcement, via Twitter, of the launch of his nightclub today. “Hey Tweeps, I dey hail o. Pls join me as I launch my new club in V.I “PoP” next week Friday 21st December if the world no End. Lol. IDJA,” Jazzy tweeted. Cue a deluge of congratulations from fans.

The same day, D’Banj went to the same medium to announce the opening of his own club. “Thank God its Friday. Finally Ahmed, we did it. My new club opens today, 82, Adetokunbo Ademola VI. Its called ONE ELEVEN. Partying 3 days straight,” the Kokomaster tweeted.

The two are opening their clubs at the time many are folding up in that axis of Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment