Saturday 16 February 2013

My Wife Denies Me Sex, Steals My Money, Man Tells Court

A 43-year-old man, Alao Gbenro, on Thursday sued his wife Mulikat Alao, at a Makurdi Magistrates Court over alleged denial of sex and other conjugal rights by his wife.
Mr. Gbenro told the court that he did not believe there was still marriage between them.

 “I married Mulikat in 2005 under Islamic Personal Laws and Customs of the Hausa people and the marriage has irretrievably broken down. “My wife had over the years refused to be submissive throughout the marriage, including her conjugal duties,” he said.

Mr. Gbenro claimed that he never had a happy marriage, due to the behaviour of his wife. “My wife is quarrelsome, scornful, fetish and incompatible in her acts to me. “She is always making false and inconclusive accusations of cultism and false allegations against me that I am responsible for the death of our late son,” he said.

He also said: “Mulikat is a criminal, she steals my money both at home and anytime she visits me at my office.” Gbenro said that they were no longer living together since 2010 and prayed the court to grant him divorce and custody of his son. In her response, the wife said she needed time to study the allegations levied against her by the petitioner.

The Magistrate, Ibrahim Mohammed, adjourned the case to March 18 for defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment